Credit where credit is due of course of course. I dunno, just felt I had to get a comic out today, so here tis. Guess that's the weird thing about me: I have weird urges to make a comic, but then when I actually get to it, I just lose all wants to make one. Strange isn't it.
Yep, so I was watching a lot of Vinesauce recently (mostly Vinny, how ironic of me I know) and getting into SiIvaGunner so.. why not make a comic about a shared meme the two channels have: 7 Grand Dad? For those not in the know, 7 Grand Dad is a bootleg hack of the NES game The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino and Hoppy, with a ridiculous title screen change, and with Fred's head replaced with Super Mario's. I'm being 100% serious. It was first found out by Vinesauce Joel, who started the meme, and then a few months later SiIvaGunner started jumping into the bandwagon, truly making it into a household meme. All that leads to this very day in this very time period, in this very month, on this very specific amount of stress. A few days ago I decided to make a comic about the above baloney, sort of as a backup for if I didn't have anything for LoD. Which I don't, but still. Anyway, without any more preamble, the first two Grand Dad and Pals comics!! I fee...
Back in April, I made a post talking about this weird, barely known VHS tape company called The Video Bancorp. If you don't remember all that, here, let me refresh your memory: It was a company who specialized in content, both less than and exactly family friendly. The family friendly tapes being those crummy no-quality public domain cartoon tapes that were exactly like their, uh, competition, only not as well known as other public domain cartoon distributors' output (the infamous Amvest Video comes to my mind). Their logo, as you can see, also sucks, to put it bluntly. They clearly drew it in some paint program, and took a picture of it with a camera really close to the screen, although in their defense these were meant to play on CRTs so you wouldn't see the interface, at least depending on the overscan. Anyway, what's new? Why are you posting about this thing again after seven months? Well, I'll explain it to you. I have to introduce another distributor though....
Comments
Post a Comment