Arcade Talk - The Dumping Ground, Vol. 1

 NOTICE: THIS SERIES IS FOR EDUCATIONAL AND HUMOROUS PURPOSES ONLY. IF YOU ARE UNINTERESTED IN NONSENSE HUMOR, THEN PLEASE LOG OFF AND GO READ SOME OTHER NONSENSE. THE REST OF YOU CAN GO ON AHEAD.

 Helloooooooooooo and welcome back to Arcade Talk, a thing I occasionally do where I ramble about various arcade game-related things that interest me. Today's topic is reserved for the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to the quarter munchers.

First off, Treasure Hunt. Treasure Hunt is a rather simple game, however it is quite difficult, no doubt due to shoddy coding. It's not a good game at all, the original developer "Hara Industries" seemed too focused on having this game be highly ambitious over actually any good, however Cinematronics must've liked it as they released it here in the states under the name Jack the Giantkiller. I've played both games, if you want to see me struggling with the game:

 

Next up, Rock Duck, from "Datel SAS" which showed itself in 1983. It's an awful, AWFUL hack of Scrambled Egg (or Eggs as Universal called it) with odd sprite changes, bad colors (although if I recall that's due to imperfect emulation), and of course, the infamous Durty Pig. I've also had the misfortune to play this crap:

Up next is Leprechaun, released in 1982 by Pacific Polytechnical, and then rereleased for kiddie cabinets by Tong Electronics, and then rereleased again as Pot of Gold by Game Plan. This one is moreso an honorable mention, as throughout my time playing this it started to grow on me. It's a very buggy game but it's fairly enjoyable. I, once again, played it:

 

Last on the list of whatever is Time Limit, developed by Chou Co. in 1983. It's probably the bottom of the bottom of the barrel. Awful graphics, awful sounds, garbage gameplay, bad levels, there's positively nothing redeeming this game. I'm not gonna show any screenshots, it's that bad. It looks genuinely ridiculous.


 Anyway, yeah, that's it. Please go check those videos out and please go read Codename REI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Q*bert'd!!

The First Two Grand Dad and Pals comics

More Video Bancorp Baloney